The Lead Person is responsible for working with the foreman to oversee crews of groundskeepers, coordinating workers' efforts to ensure proper maintenance of the grounds and use of equipment under their care on-the-job training as a landscape worker as well ensure that all team members are using proper safety procedure at all times.
Skill Set and Educational requirements
- Ability to effectively lead, direct and supervise the work of others
- Demonstrated technical knowledge including but not limited to: plant ID, Turf ID, insect and disease ID and diagnosis, soil test result interpretation, equipment calibration, pruning techniques, pesticide and chemical application
- Demonstrated ability to read landscape and irrigation blue prints plans for comprehension and implementation (L/I Foreman)
- Demonstrated ability in irrigation system management, equipment operation and basic small engine field repair and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to read maps, give and follow clear directions
- Proven knowledge of the Greenscape Plant Care Guide and the ability to explain contents to clients
- Ability to easily adapt to constantly changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), particularly for conveying technical information to crew and foreman
- Must have a high level of motivation, enthusiasm, be a self-starter and perform daily under pressure.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Shares responsibility with the Foreman for the overall appearance of the client’s site
- In absence of Foreman will supervise two (2) to five (5) full-time and occasional seasonal staff
- Assists Foreman in ensuring that services contracted are rendered using horticulturally appropriate and branch approved practices in order to meet client expectations
- Works with Foremen to determine the crew’s priorities and division of work
- Accurately measures quantities needed to minimize waste of material
- Assists Foreman in maintaining crew morale by encouraging crew members to complete tasks efficiently and effectively
- Responsible for loading equipment and materials for each day’s work
- Assists team in meeting quality expectations
- Assists team in performance of the work in a timely efficient manner.